Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14

Rice Krispie Pizza

I found this recipe after my boys came home from their missions, but I want to keep it for the future.
From another missionary mom:
One of the best packages I sent my missionary while he was in the MTC was a Rice Krispie Pizza. It was easy to make and it was a BIG HIT with all of the elders.
Here's how you make it:
1. Make a cardboard circle about 14" in diameter
2. Cover the circle with tin foil
3. The Crust: Make Rice Krispie treats (according to the recipe on the box) and press onto the cardboard circle.
4. The "Sauce"...Melt a bag of Milk chocolate chips in the microwave until creamy and spreadable. Spread the chocolate on top of the Rice Krispie crust.
5. Cool until chocolate is set up.
6. The "Cheese"..Melt together butter and marshmallows to make a cream sauce. Spread on top of chocolate.
7. Toppings: Pepperoni: Red gum drops, sliced; Sausage: Tootsie rolls, sliced; Green Peppers/Yellow Peppers: Green and Yellow gum drops, diced; Onion: white gum drops diced; Mushrooms: Cashew halves; Olives: Black gum drops, diced
Sprinkle on top of pizza
8. Refrigerate for several hours
9. Wrap Pizza several times in clear plastic wrap.
10. Place in pizza box (I got my box at a grocery store snack bar)
11. Send it right in the Pizza box.
Just a suggestion: I sent a pizza cutter with the pizza. Your missionary will love it!!!!

No comments: