Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 26

Green Street's Diane Salad

Had something new for lunch today. My neighbor Maureen brought over a wonderful gift basket filled with ingredients to make Diane Salad from Green Street restaurant in Pasadena. It was great. Here is the recipe (for those of you who don't live close to Pasadena and can't pick up their custom salad dressing - you can order online - or use any sweet poppy seed dressing!!!)
Japanese Paraffin noodles (sometimes called rice noodles) - fry according to package directions.
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 Cup toasted slivered almonds
2 TBS toasted sesame seeds
2-3 boneless chicken breasts - cooked and cut into chunks
1 jar of Green Street Diane dressing - recipe below

Toss lettuce, almonds, sesame seeds and chicken with dressing. Top with paraffin noodles.

Dressing

1/2 Cup oil
1/2 tsp sesame oil (I use a little more)
3 TBS vinegar
4 TBS honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I've been making the Dianne Salad for years now, must have bought over a hundred bottles of dressing from Green Street. I would love to be able to make it myself to save the schlep to Pasadena. What kind of oil do you use? And, how did you get the recipe?

Thanks!

Wendy

Unknown said...

Very nice to see that you enjoy our salad. However -- and very sorry to disappoint -- but that is not the recipe. Quite frankly, not even close. I do have the recipe as I am one of the founding partners of Green Street. The only place you can get the original -- and not any imitations -- is Green Street Restaurant. If you would like some, go on our web site and we will be more than happy to send it to you.

Michael Hawkins
Partner
Green Street Restaurant

Patricia T said...

I use Japanese white wine vinegar and sugar in place of honey!

Josh said...

Is there dairy in the salad dressing?

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

Is the Diana salad Gluten free? And is the dressing dairy free?

Susie said...

I love the Dianne Salad and I'm holding a jar of the Authentic Dressing in my hands right now, bought at the Green Street Restaurant. The label lists the ingredients as: Corn Oil (I question that), Rice Vinegar, Sugar, Black Pepper, Dry Mustard, and Salt. That's it !!

No sesame oil, no poppy seeds and certainly no honey.

Someday, when I have the time, I will have to experiment with the listed ingredients and see if I can come up with a reasonable facsimile. In the meantime, I have my friend in L.A. send me a jar now and then. :)

Unknown said...

Hi
I lived in Pasadena since birth (now Idaho).I have dined there with my Mom since the restaurant was on Green Street.
I wish you would sell the dressing to stores. The Boise Co-OP would be great.Also Albertson's Corp is based in Idaho. They have a few "boutique"luxury grocery stores here which would be great too.
I am getting close to duplicating the recipe with a prep technique I have not seen online but it will never be authentic "Dianne" dressing.

RevDanny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.